St. Charles Boromeo
The Patron Saint of the Institution
St. Charles School, Yercaud was established in 1969 by the Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo. It caters to the education, primarily of the Catholic community. Yet from its inception the school has been opened to all communities irrespective of caste or creed.
The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo was founded in 1684 by Fr. Adrain Brezy, Parish Priest of Wez (Diocese to the Tournai, Belgium), to impart Christian education to the poor children of the Parish.
“Go, teach all Nation… … … …” Mt 28:19-20
Prompted by this injunction of Jesus Christ, and being faithful to the charism of the congregation, the Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo continue to carry out the mission of building up God’s kingdom.
The Charism of the Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo is to inculcate the compassionate love of God to all people especially the poor and the marginalized through Christian education in all our ministries.
We Aim at :
Forming a society wherein human rights are respected and principles of justice and equity are upheld, acknowledging the fatherhood of God and brotherhood of man.
Imparting spiritual, moral, academic and aesthetic values through formal and non-formal courses with emphasis on courtesy, honesty, integrity and loyalty.
Contributing our share towards to national integration and communal harmony, by promoting a mutual appreciation and understanding of different social, economic and religious groups.
Fostering the total development of the pupils who will be intellectually well informed, emotionally balanced and spiritually oriented to assume their duties everywhere as responsible citizens of our country.